“TheCeļotājs” –
Kuldīga Town Sights in Courland
   
Saint Anna’s Evangelical Lutheran Church – ANNO 1899 
Lat: N56.96622, Lon: E021.96772
Dzirnavu iela 12,
 
  
 
 
 
It had been planned to build a Lutheran Church for Latvians, but the poverty of the congregation due to church fires in 1615 and 1660 and the following outbreak of the Great Plague postponed building. Building of the church designed by architect Vilhelms Neimanis only began in 1899 at Dzirnavu iela 12 and cost 55,000 rubles. The church was consecrated on 31 October 1904. Among its culturally historic artifacts is a christening dish given to the congregation in 1660 by a man named Bauer.
 
 
    
 
 
Home
 
 
 
 
Revised: 04/23/2013 – 16:12:24