“TheCeļotājs” –
Kuldīga Town Sights in Courland
   
The Old Town Hall of Kuldīga with the Town Square – ANNO 17th Century 
Lat: 56.96767, Lon: E021.97094
Baznīcas iela 5,
 
      
 
The 17th century building at Baznīcas iela 5 is historic meeting place. The building’s cellars housed the first prison. The square’s southeastern corner was the site of the pillory. The building was used in the 1980 film “The Shore”. The market was located in this square until 1937 and the southern end of the square is where the “New Town Hall” was built in 1860 in the Italian Renaissance style.
 
 
    
 
 
Home
 
 
 
 
Revised: 04/23/2013 – 15:39:06