“TheCeļotājs” –
Kuldīga Town Sights in Courland
   
Kuldīga Russian Orthodox Church – ANNO 1871 
Lat: N56.96929, Lon: E021.96483
Smilsu iela 14, 
 
  
 
 
 
This small church at Smilšu iela 14 has historically had the smallest congregation of all churches in Kuldīga. The church was designed by Saint Petersburg architect Bulavin, financed by former Kuldiga resident, merchant Ivan Smirnov,
and built in 1971. The small number of Russian inhabitants of Kuldiga worshiped here as did the students who attended the Baltic Seminary. Although the building is not known for its artistic value, the cupola frescoes and statues of Mary, Gabriel and evangelists in the Czar’s Gate are striking. 
 
 
Home
 
 
Album Kuldīga Russian Orthodox Church – ANNO 1871 
 
 
Revised: 04/24/2013 – 08:27:04