“TheCeļotājs” –
Kuldīga Town Sights in Courland
   
Former 1930’s Kuldīga Town Square –
Located at the corner of Piltenes iela and Liepājas iela,
Lat: N56.96896, Lon: E021.96074
Pilsētas laukums 4A, 
 
  
 
 
 
 
The Town Square was built upon the suggestion of President Kārlis Ulmanis and replaces a pre-existing modern market with enclosed structures that was re-located elsewhere. Today the area is newly developed 1979 with a department store, regional administration offices and a hotel. Today the 1930s town square and the Soviet style architecture surrounding it is looked upon as a relic of authoritarianism which needs to be altered soon.
 
 
Home
 
 
 
 
Revised: 04/23/2013 – 13:02:25