“TheCeļotājs” –
Aizpute Town Sights in Courland
    
   
Stone Bridge over Tebra River – ANNO 1907 
Lat: N56.72110, Lon: E021.59777
Liepājas iela,
 
              
 
          
 
The Stone Bridge over the Tebra River is Aizpute’s oldest bridge, built in 1907. Today it is one of the last stone bridges in Latvia. Originally designed by engineer Karro, it was built by a businessman named Foksdorfs with municipal funds. Baron Kazdanga K. von Manteifel’s family Coat of Arms is carved on the stone bridge railing because he provided the financing for the railing.
 
 
Home
 
 
 
 
Revised: 03/15/2013 – 15:34:11