“TheCeļotājs” –
Aizpute Town Sights in Courland
    
   
Saint John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church – ANNO 1254 
Lat: N56.72083, Lon: E021.59916
Liepājas iela 3,
 
              
 
The church was originally built in 1254 in the same place where German crusaders looted and destroyed the ancient castle Beida of the Kurši people. The church has been rebuilt many times, the current structure dates from 1860. It is one of the oldest church buildings in Kurzeme and a national monument. The church is included in the European Cultural Heritage List.
 
 
Home
 
 
 
 
Revised: 03/15/2013 – 16:23:08